07 March 2012

{Recipe} Crispy Cauliflower Poppers

Counter to what my previous blog post might suggest, I really do enjoy eating healthy {most of the time}.  

I've always been that weird girl who opts to order a salad over anything else on the menu and I also tend to prefer most vegetarian dishes over meat dishes, although I'm not a full-blown vegetarian.  More than anything else though, when I eat healthier I feel much more alert and energized throughout the week, which is part of the reason why I made eating healthy one of my resolutions for this year.  

When I saw Marissa post a recipe for Crispy Cauliflower awhile back I knew immediately that I had to try it.  And... after finally putting my plan into action I'm proud to announce that I'm an official cauliflower convert - with the right spices and a little heat, this stuff is incredible!  Since trying it the first time, I've gone back to it over and over again and since it's both quick and easy, I think it's safe to say that I won't be getting tired of this recipe anytime soon!

Crispy Cauliflower Poppers 


You Will Need:

  • 1 head of cauliflower {chopped into florets}
  • 1 tbsp of olive oil
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp crushed chili or red pepper {optional}
  • 1 tbsp crushed garlic 
  • Salt and pepper to taste


Method

Mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl making sure that the cauliflower florets are evenly coated.  Spread contents into an oven-proof dish and then bake at 400 degrees (200 if using Celsius) for 30 minutes.  Make sure to stir occasionally to ensure that the florets don't burn!

Enjoy as a side dish or as a mid-day snack!

***
Also, I'm hosting a travel inspired giveaway over on La Mia Vita!  Head on over and enter here!!!

16 comments:

  1. I'm newly converted to cauliflower as well! I made a yummy soup, mixed mashed cauliflower in with mashed potatoes for a lower-carb option, and it looks like I will be trying this next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, this looks yummy!! i def will need to try this~!! i always make the same boring cauliflower recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's like you were speaking to my heart...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh YUM! and i'm all for the simple meals ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. making cauliflower look yummy. you are a miracle worker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH wow....this looks really good! Much better than raw cauliflower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I would never really want to try cauliflower, but calling them "poppers" makes them sound delicious!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im not big on cauliflower but you may have just sold me, Jenna. (: convinced me i need some in my diet!

    (though id rather go get one of those pastries with you!!)

    Happy weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this recipe! It sounds delicious! And I need some good suggestions for healthy snacks :) because I'm bit of a "snacker" (I'm inventing words, but oh well)..

    And btw, you're welcome about the award! You deserve it! :)

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy - healthy and easy to make :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this looks so yummy! Have you tried making cauliflower into risotto or pizza crust? It's surprisingly easy and another great way to sneak those veggies in there! xoxo, e

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa, where has this recipe been my whole life??? YUMMMMMMM. A must make soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey I happened to visit your blog and I really liked it. Enjoyed reading all your wonderful posts :) Please visit my blog as well. If it interests, please feel free to follow me. I shall be happy to do the same for you.
    xoxo
    Faby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!