If we were really having coffee today then I would probably tell you that not much has changed since we met last week and that I'm still extremely busy with the project I have going on at work. Luckily, university is on break now though, so all of the long hours haven't really been a problem and I'm really gaining a lot of great experience. I'm just hoping that things will settle down again by mid-July, when my evening classes are starting again.
Don't worry though, this post isn't all about work - there is some exciting news! Friday morning Jurgen and I will be headed to the Drakensberg Mountains for the weekend to attend the wedding of one of his close childhood friends and then from there we'll be heading to Durban to spend a few days lounging in the sun, celebrating Jurgen's birthday and getting away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It seems like forever since I've been able to get out of Jo'burg (even though we took a trip to Clarens just back in April) and I feel like this mini-vacation couldn't have come at a better time. It will also be my first time visiting the Drakensberg and Durban, so I can't wait to explore a part of the country I haven't seen before - and obviously take tons of pictures to share with you guys :) While I'm gone I've lined up some wonderful guest posts (all by lovely South African blog buddies) and I can't wait to share them with you!
In other exciting news, I was so pleasantly surprised when I opened my inbox a couple of days ago to find that Taryn was sweet enough to pass on a blogger award to me - thanks Taryn! The award calls that I list 5 random facts about myself, and then pass the award on to 5 other blogs that I love.
So here goes:
- I have an unnatural phobia of bees and literally cannot function if they are (for example) swarming around my food while I'm eating - it. drives. Jurgen. crazy.
- I'm the hugest procrastinator you'll ever meet, even though I always make deadlines (though often at the last minute) - I really honestly try to plan my assignments in advance, but for some reason cannot get that spark of brilliance and motivation until the very last moment.
- My favorite food in the whole world is salad and I order some version of it about 90% of the time we go out for dinner - weird I know.
- I have a yellow lab named Vogue who I had to leave in California when I moved to South Africa (sob!) and I miss her like crazy - she is seriously the sweetest thing ever and not a day goes by that I don't wish I could put her on a plane and fly her out here.
- I will basically participate in any extreme sport - sky diving, bungee jumping, shark-cage diving, you name it, but am terrified of white water rafting - I'm always so afraid that I'll fall out and hit my head on a rock or something!
(talk about random!)
And, here are the five blogs that I'd like to pass this award on to:
Natasha at Schue Love
Megan at Second Floor Living
Hayley at See.Hay.Fly
Caley at Mrs Rosie Posie
Rachel at with love, Rachel
coffee tea is finished and it's time for me to jump in bed since I have another early meeting tomorrow morning (yuck), but thanks so much for meeting with me! - And be sure to check out all of the lovely ladies blogs listed above, they will have you hooked in no time :)