31 March 2011

Let the Good Times Roll!

Today was officially my last day at my current job and as from tomorrow I will employed as a Junior Consultant at a new firm (also see here) Whoohoo!  I cannot wait to start in this new position... it's kinda sorta my young person dream job so I don't think I've ever been more excited to go to work before :)  Tomorrow we will just be going over my contract and discussing what I'll be doing at the firm and then we will take it from there.  It seems like there will be a lot of opportunities to attend conferences, training workshops, etc so I think I'll grow a lot.  Thanks to all of you for your encouragement in this post - initially I was a little hesitant to accept the position, but looking back I definitely think I made the right decision :)

In other good news, I was also able to pick up my car today and it seems like everything is fixed!  I cannot express how happy I am to finally have it back - it's been gone for a week now which means that Jurgen has been having to give me rides everywhere... work, gym, grocery store, you name it.  I'm glad that he can finally take a little break from being my chauffeur and I'm glad that I can finally get back into my normal schedule again... definitely a win-win situation.

Most exciting of all though, this weekend Jurgen and I will be headed on a little road trip to the adorable town of Clarens.  I know that in this post we were pretty set on just heading to Dullstroom for the weekend, but when my new employer offered to give me an extra few days off in-between jobs, we decided to extend the trip by a couple of days and instead head somewhere a little further away.  We spent one night in Clarens over the December break when two of our friends from the States came out to visit and we really adored it and all agreed that we should have set aside a couple more days to explore the area.  It's a a scenic little mountain town that's renowned for it's art galleries, sidewalk cafes and the beautiful national park that surrounds it.  I can't wait to sleep-in, read a good book (that's not class-related) and drink lots and lots of cappuccinos.  Here's some pics from the short time that we were able to spend there in December:




While I'm gone I've lined up some wonderful guest posts from some of my favorite bloggers :)  I can't wait to share their posts with you, I know you're going to love them!

Since we're only leaving Saturday morning, I'm hoping to link up with with {av} for her weekly feature Friday's Fancies before we go- as you might guess, I'll be putting together my dream look for a weekend away :)

What are your weekend plans? 

10 comments:

  1. These pictures are gorgeous. I'm so jealous!!
    Congrats on the dream job. :)

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your last day! have so much fun on your road trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, and blessings for the next step!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you! Have a wonderful time. And yay for a new job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous place! Hope you enjoy your road trip! Nothing like a mini getaway <3 My boyfriend's in a band so on Saturday I'll be going to a gig of his; as for today, it's dinner with him and his family :) Nothing planned for Sunday yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new job, that sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That so exciting you got a new job! And that is awesome of them let you off a few more days! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a super time away, looking forward to the guest posts you have lined up for us x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos, have a wonderful time! I'm following (here at your blog, not on your trip, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS - thanks for NOT having word verification in comments! :_)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!