28 January 2011

50 Things for 2011

Ok, so here is the official list of (almost)* 50 things I would like to do or achieve in 2011.  Although, I have already started working on some of my goals this month, I will only officially begin on the 1st of Feb since it is already so late in the month (Yes, I even procrastinate on my New Years Resolutions!).  From now on I will log my progress in the "50 Things for 2011" tab on the top of my page just in case you would like to follow along with me.  I have never done something like this before and am really excited to see where this takes me... 2011 is going to be a good year... I can just feel it! :)

*The reason I say almost is because a few of the goals are a secret and are thus not posted, but I promise, there really are a total of 50!

So here is the list (with progress noted to date)... if it's crossed off its been completed!
  1. Plant an herb garden
  2. Run a 10k
  3. Implement Meat Free Mondays (3/52)
  4. Volunteer at least once a month (0/12)
  5. Try out a new recipe every week (4/52)
  6. Go to the gym at least four times a week (4/52)
  7. Get down to XX kgs
  8. Buy one piece of clothing for myself each month (0/12)
  9. Buy one accessory for myself each month (1/12)
  10. Surprise Jurgen with something nice each week (3/52)
  11. Visit a country that is not the US, South Africa or Namibia
  12. Read at least five books for pleasure (0/5)
  13. Finish my first year of post grad with all distinctions
  14. Paint my flat
  15. Join some sort of group in Jo'burg (e.g. jogging)
  16. Participate in a few Cooking Classes (0/4)
  17. Send all close family and friends a post card (0/12)
  18. Make spaghetti sauce from scratch
  19. Save at least R XXX.XX per month (0/12)
  20. Have over R XXX.XX in my account at the end of each month (1/12)
  21. Make 3 new friends in Jo'burg (0/3)
  22. Surpise someone with homemade cookies
  23. Take a vacation by myself (even if it's just one night)
  24. Send someone flowers just because
  25. Decorate my work desk to make it more happy and inviting :)
  26. Make a candlelit dinner
  27. Write in this blog at least twice a week
  28. Keep in touch with family & friends more often
  29. Buy a new cocktail dress
  30. Find the perfect bikini
  31. Make my SAS blog into a hard cover book
  32. Go somewhere I haven't been in Jo'burg each month (0/12)
  33. Visit Vilakazi St in Soweto
  34. Wear some piece of jewelery every day
  35. Learn to play chess
  36. Go see a show or play
  37. Watch a foreign film
  38. Find the perfect restaurant/cafe to study in
  39. Visit three museums (0/3)
  40. Teach myself SPSS (stats program)
  41. Attend an Industrial Psychology Conference or Gathering
  42. Buy a pet fish :)
  43. Read a Charles Dickens Novel
  44. Participate in a Yoga or Pilates class once a month (0/12)
  45. Attend a Blue Bulls Rugby game
  46. Drink at least a bottle of water everyday
Wish me luck!!! :)

Lots of love,
Jenna

3 comments:

  1. Jenna, I really think that no one would blame you if you skipped nr. 45!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list! And I hope I make the list of people getting postcards ;)

    Love and miss you!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this list - hope it's going well for you x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!